1. LEADERSHIP INTEGRITY of the Community Foundation. In partnership with its donors over the past 30 years, the foundation has dedicated itself to meeting community needs throughout the Findlay-Hancock County area.
2. SUPERIOR INVESTMENT PERFORMANCE AND VALUE for your scholarship fund. The Community Foundation’s assets are pooled for investment purposes, guaranteeing maximum returns for individual funds. And because the Community Foundation holds over 250 funds, the cost of maintaining individual funds is far less expensive.
3. FLEXIBILITY to meet individual needs. The Community Foundation manages a wide variety of funds, as diverse as our clients’ interests.
4. MAXIMUM TAX DEDUCTION for donors. We are a community foundation with 501(c)(3) public charity tax status. Clients enjoy the most favorable treatment by the IRS, whether a gift is in cash, securities, real estate, a bequest or any other planned giving vehicle.
5. PERMANENCE of the charitable intent of a fund is assured. Changes in administration of the Community Foundation will not affect the purpose of a fund. Donors can count on an endowed fund to provide educational opportunities forever.
6. DONOR RECOGNITION is assured. Each fund is listed on our website, in our annual report and in additional publicity materials. Information is released annually to the appropriate newspapers when scholarships are awarded. In addition, grant checks bear the name of the specific scholarship fund and grant-award letters encourage recipients to send a letter of thanks to the donor and/or advisory committee of the fund.
7. IRS AND STATE REPORTING IS DONE FOR YOU. Scholarship funds have stringent reporting requirements. The Community Foundation takes responsibility for filing all reports for its scholarship funds.
8. PROFESSIONAL STAFF is available to help with every aspect of scholarship administration.
9. YOUR SCHOLARSHIP DOLLARS CAN GO FURTHER. When students take private scholarships to their colleges, they often find that their financial aid is reduced by an amount almost equal to their scholarship. Because the Community Foundation plays a unique role as a major scholarship provider, we are often successful in ensuring that students receive maximum benefit from a scholarship award.
10. INCREASED VISIBILITY for your scholarship. By choosing to partner with the Community Foundation, your fund becomes part of a major scholarship program that is publicized at every high school in the county.